Monday, August 6, 2012

Update: Aug. 6, 2012

Ok, here's an updated list of my current works-in-progress.

(I promise I'll actually start taking pictures as I go instead of just when I'm done.)

Recap from last update post:
Currently on going:

  • Granny square baby blanket for my best friend and her soon to be arriving bundle of joy. Must be finished by end of July now. (Almost done, only a square and a half left and then has to be pieced together.)
  • Steampunk formal costume for San Japan. This is not a super intensive project as I plan on buying or have bought almost everything needed. Not going to formal event but still have outfit done. Saving for a Steampunk movie night at Alamo Drafthouse.
  • Painted glass block project. Done!!

Currently on going:
  • Screen printed shirts; Shepard "Alliance Athletics" shirt, Shepard "N7 stripe shirt and Star Trek "Starfleet Academy" shirt.
    -Have finished the Star Trek and Alliance/N7 designs and made the screenprints. Just need to buy shirts and screenprint them.
  • Granny square blanket. (Almost finished.)
About to start:
  •  Belly dancer/Celtic warrior costume for myself and best friend for the Sherwood Celtic Music Festival.
  • New corsets for myself and best friend.
  • Snow White's "warrior" outfit from Mirror Mirror.
Ideas/Preplanning/Designing

  • Merida from Brave
  • Commander Shepard and Kaidan casual outfits cosplays
  • Cowboy Bebop cosplays; Spike, Faye, Vicious and Edward
  • Link and Fi
  • Katara's Fire nation outfit from season 3 of Avatar the Last Airbender.
San Japan ended up not working out for us this year. We'll still be going Saturday but I ran out of time and funding to finish any of my planned cosplays. So I will be cosplaying as Nana Osaki from the manga/anime Nana. So look for me if you're there!

No comments:

Post a Comment